THE LORD’S APPOINTED FEASTS
Leviticus 23 & 25
Key Verse: 23:2
I. The seven feasts (chapter 23)
- Read verses 1-3. What do “the appointed feasts of the LORD” and “sacred assembly” mean? (1-2) What is God’s command about the Sabbath? (3) What does it mean, “It is a Sabbath to the LORD”? How should our worship service be?
- Read verses 4-22. Explain the date and the meaning of the first four appointed feasts of the LORD: the Passover (5), the Feast of Unleavened Bread (6-8), the firstfruits (9-14) and the Feast of Weeks (15-22). How is Jesus’ life related to these feasts?
- Read verses 23-44. Explain the date and the meaning of the last three appointed feasts of the LORD: the Feast of Trumpets (23-25), the Day of Atonement (26-32) and the Feast of Tabernacles (33-44). How is Jesus’ life related to these feasts?
II. The Year of Sabbath & the Year of Jubilee (chapter 25)
- Read verses 1-7. What is the Sabbath Year? (1-7, Dt 31:10; Lev 26:33-35) What is the spiritual meaning of it?
- Read verses 8-55. What is the Year of Jubilee? (8-13) What are the laws for redemption (14-55)? How did Jesus redeem us? What are God’s promises to those who keep the Year of Jubilee? (18-22) How is the Year of Jubilee related to Jesus? (Lk 4:18,19)