THE CONQUEST OF THE LAND (2)
Key Verse: 11:15
“Just as the LORD had commanded Moses his servant, so Moses commanded Joshua, and so Joshua did. He left nothing undone of all that the LORD had commanded Moses.” (11:15)
Chapter 09: The Gibeonite
- How did the enemies respond after the defeat of Jericho and Ai? (1,2) Why couldn’t Joshua kill the Gibeonites? (3-20) How did he deal with them? (21-27) What do you learn from this event?
Chapter 10: Conquest of Southern Canaan
- How did the five kings in the southern Canaan respond to Gibeonites’ betrayal? (1-5) Why did Joshua join this battle? (6-9) How did the LORD (The Commander) fight for Israel? (10,11) What did Joshua command by faith? (12-15)
- How did Joshua kill the five strong kings? (16-27) How did he conquer the southern cities? (28-43) What do you learn in this chapter?
Chapter 11: Conquest of Northern Canaan
- Now how did northern kings respond? (1-5) What promise and command did God give to Joshua? (6) How did Joshua obey God? (7-15) What was the outcome of his absolute obedience? (16-23) What do you learn in this chapter?
Chapter 12: Kings defeated by Moses & Joshua
- Which kings did Moses defeat? (1-6) Which kings did Joshua defeat? (7-24) What does this chapter tell us? (1:5)