AT KADESH BARNEA
Key Verse 14:9
- What command did God give to Moses (13:1-2)? Why? (cf. Dt 1:19-23) Who did Moses appoint to spy out the Promised Land? (3-16)
- What was their specific mission? (17-20) What report and evidence did they bring? (21-29) What was the conclusion of their report? (30-33)
- How did the people respond to the report? (14:1-4; Dt 1:26-33) What was the problem of the 10 spies and the people? (14:9,11; Dt 1:28)
- How did Moses and Aaron respond? (5) How about Joshua and Caleb? (13:30; 14:6-9,24) How did they please God?
- Why was God so displeased? (10,11) What did God want to do? (12) How did Moses intercede for the rebellious people? (19) How did God answer Moses’ intercessory prayer? (20)
- How did God punish the grumbling? (21-38) But who would enter the Promised Land? (24,30b,31,33,38)
- How did the Israelites continue to rebel against God? (39-44) How was the consequence? (45)
Think about how this event changed the Israel history. What does this passage mean to you?