THE GLORY OF GOD RETURNED
1 Samuel 4-7
- After God’s judgment message on Eli’s house, what happened in Israel? (4:1,2) How did the elders evaluate their defeat and what did they do? (3,4) What was the result? (5-11) Why did they get defeated even though the ark of God was with them?
- How was the word of God fulfilled? (11-22; 3:19) What does it mean “the glory has departed from Israel”? (21,22; Mt 24:15)
- Where did the Philistines took and set up the ark of God? (5:1,2) What happened there? (3-5) What do you learn from this? To which cities did they send it and what happened there? (6-12)
- What was their plan for returning the ark of God back to Israel? (6:1-8) What did they want to know? (9) What message did God give to them? (12) How did the Israelites welcome the ark of God? (13-18) But why did God kill 70 of his own people? (19-21)
- 20 years later, how was the heart of the Israelites toward God? (7:1,2) How did Samuel challenge them? (3) How did they obey? (4)
- Then what did Samuel do at Mizpah? (5,6) How could the Israelites defeat the Philistines? (7-12) How was Israel under Samuel’s leadership? (13-17) Think about importance of one spiritual leader.