1 John 1: 1 - 2: 29
1 John 1-2
- Whom does John testify to? (1,2) How trustworthy is his testimony?
- What’s the purpose of John’s testimony? (3,4) Think about the true spiritual fellowship and its result.
- What’s the message about God which he heard and proclaims? (5) What should we do to have true fellowship with one another? (6,7a)
- What does the truth say about us? (8,10) How can we be cleansed from all our sins? (7,9)
- Why does John write this epistle? (2:1a; Heb 12:4; Ro 6:12,13) But if we sin, what should we know? (1b,2) How can we know Jesus? (3-6)
- What does John mean by verses 7 & 8? Why is to hate brother is a big matter? (9-11) Why should they keep the new commandment? (12-14)
- What shouldn’t we love and why? (15-17)
- What is John’s warning? (18-21) Who is the antichrist? (22-23) How can we overcome his deceptions? (24-29)