A HOUSE OF PRAYER FOR ALL PEOPLES
Isaiah 56, 57
- Read 56:1,2. What does God ask those who come to him, and why? (1) Who is blessed? (2)
- Read 56:3-8. How did the foreigners and the eunuchs think about themselves? (3) Who is acceptable to God’s house? (4,6) What promises does God give them? (5,7a) Think about the meaning of ‘A house of prayer for all people.’ (7b,8)
- Read 56:9-57:2. How were the watchmen of Israel? (9-12) What was people’s response to the righteous man's death? (57:1a) Why did God take the righteous man from the world? (1b,2)
- Read 57:3-13. How terrible was people’s spiritual condition? (3-8) Whose help did they seek? (9-11) How different is it between trusting in idols and God? (12,13)
- Read 57:14-21. Where does God dwell? (14, 15a) Whose spirit and heart does God revive? (15b) What is God’s will toward sinners? (16-19) Think about who the wicked are.