JESUS CHANGED WATER INTO WINE
- Read verses 1-5. What problem arose at the wedding and why was it so serious? (1-3) Why couldn’t Jesus help them out right away? (4) So what did Mary do? (5) What do you learn from Jesus & Mary?
- Read verses 6-10. What did Jesus tell the servants? (6,7a,8a) How difficult were they to obey the words, yet how did they do? (7b,8b) What was the result of their obedience? (9)
- Read verse 11. What does the first sign tell us about Jesus? (11; Isa 25:6; 2Cor 5:17) How can we experience such changes in our life? (Ro 5:19)
- Read verses 12-17. What does the Passover mean to Jesus? (13; Ex 12:1-13; 1Cor 5:7) What did Jesus do in the temple? (14-16) Why? (17; Ps 69:9)?
- Read verses 18-22. How did the Jews challenge Jesus’ authority? (18) What does Jesus’ answer mean? (19-22; Ro 1:3,4)
- Read verses 23-25. On what basis did many people believe in Jesus? (23) Why would Jesus not entrust himself to them? (24-25)