WE HAVE FOUND THE MESSIAH
- Read verses 1-4. What does the author testify about Jesus? Why? (20:30,31; 17:3) Who is Jesus to you?
- Read verses 5-13. What’s the problem of the world? (5,9-11) What’s the LORD’s solution and blessing to those who believe in Jesus? (6-8,12-13)
- Read verses 14-18. What does it mean that “The Word became flesh”? (14) In Jesus, what can we see and receive? (15-18)
- Read verses 19-23. How does John the Baptist identify himself? (Isa 40:3-5) What does this mean to us?
- Read verses 24-34. How did John the Baptist witness to Jesus? What does “the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!” mean?
- Read verses 35-51. What did the disciples see in Jesus and do immediately? (35-51) What visions did Jesus give to them? (42b,50,51; Mark 1:17; Luke 5:10) What does this mean to us?