12 Mar 2023
- Read verses 7:1-8. What was God's message through Jeremiah to those who came to worship the Lord? (1-3, 5-7) What deceptive words did the people of Judah trust in? (4,8) What do these words mean?
- Read verses 9-15. What did they do by trusting in these lies? (9-11) What would God do to them and the temple when they did not listen to him? (12-15)
- Read verses 16-23. What was God's command to Jeremiah, and why? (16-19) What did God want most from the people of Judah? (23)
- Read verses 7:24-8:3. What were the manners of the people of Judah towards God? (24-26, 30-31) What would be their result? (20, 29, 32-34, 8:1-3)
- Read verses 8:4-12. How was the foolishness of the people of Judah? (4-7) Why did they become so foolish? (8-9) What were they like without the words of the Lord? (10-12)
- Read verses 13-22. How would God's punishment toward them appear? (13-17) Why was Jeremiah lamenting? (18-22)