SOLOMON SUCCEEDS DAVID’S THRONE
1 King 1 & 2
- How was David’s physical and spiritual condition? (1:1-4) Who were Adonijah, Joab and Abiathar, and what did they do? (5-10) What’s wrong with them?
- How did Prophet Nathan help King David? (11-37) What do you learn from him?
- How did Solomon succeed David’s throne? (38-40) How did Adonijah respond? (41-51) How did Solomon deal with him? (52,53)
- What was David’s last Will for Solomon? (2:1-3a) Why? (3b,4) How can Solomon be a strong and prosperous man?
- What instructions did David give Solomon regarding Joab, Barzillai and Shimei? (5-9) Describe David’s death, reign & successor? (10-12)
- Why & how did Solomon deal with Adonijah (13-25, 1:5), Abiathar (26,27, 1:7), Joab (28-35, 1:7; 2 Sa 3:27, 20:10), and Shimei (36-46a; 2Sa 16:7)? What does this chapter tell us? (12, 35b, 46b)
- What does this chapter mean to you?