YOUR KING IS COMING TO YOU
- What strange errand & why did Jesus give two of his disciples at the outskirt of Jerusalem? (1-3) How did they obey the instructions? (4-6) What do you learn about Jesus in this incident?
- How did the disciples & the crowd respond? (7-10) Why did Jesus enter Jerusalem in this way? (Zech 9:9-10) Where did he go after the triumphal entry? (11) What do you learn about Jesus in this incident?
- When, where, why and how did Jesus curse a fig tree? (12-14) What might be Jesus’ message to the disciples? (20,21; Mt 3:10; Mk 3:1,2)
- What did Jesus do violently in the temple? (15,16) Why? (17; Isa 56:7; Jer 7:11; Ps 69:9) What do you learn about the purposes of God’s temple? How did the religious leaders respond? (18,19)
- What happened to the cursed fig tree in a day? (20,21) What was Jesus’ answer to Peter? (22) What does it mean to have faith in God? (23-25) What do you learn from his teaching?
- Why did the religious leaders question about Jesus’ authority? (27,28) What did Jesus ask them back? (29,30) What were theirs and Jesus’ answers? (31-33)