FROM NOW ON YOU WILL BE CATCHING MEN
- Read verses 1-11. Describe how the first four disciples were called. (1-11) How did Jesus open Simon’s spiritual eyes and what was his response? What new life direction did Jesus give him and what was the fishermen’s response? What do you learn from them?
- Read verse 12-16. Describe how the leper was healed: his life as a leper (Lev 13:45-46), his attitude and faith in Jesus (12), and Jesus’ compassion and healing (13). What do you learn from him and Jesus?
- Read verses 17-26. Describe the faith of the paralytic’s friends (17-20a). What does Jesus tell by saying, “Man, your sins are forgiven you”? (20b-26) How did Jesus prove his authority to forgive sins?
- Read verses 27-32. How did Levi (Matthew) become a disciple of Jesus? (27,28) Why did the religious leaders complain to the disciples? (29,30) What does Jesus’ answer mean to them and to us? (31,32)
- Read verses 33-39. What question was asked to Jesus? (33) What does the answer mean? (34,35) What did Jesus teach them through the parable? (36-39)
- What is your life direction and mission?