HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST
Philippians 1 & 2
Part 1: To live is Christ and to die is gain (1:1-26)
- Read 1:1-11. Who are the sender and who are the recipients? (1,2; cf. Acts 16:11-40) Why is Paul so thankful to God and joyful when he thinks of the Philippian Christians? (3-8; 4:14-18; 2:30) What is his prayer topic? (9-11)
- Read 1:12-18. How did Paul’s imprisonment advance the Gospel? (12-14) What do you learn about the power of the gospel? (2 Ti 2:9) What was wrong with some Philippian Christians’ attitudes? (15-17) Yet, what’s Paul’s reaction? (18)
- Read 1:19-26. What did he know about his future? (19) What was Paul’s life purpose? (20-22; cf. Ro 1:5; Gal 2:20) What was his decision? (23-26) What do you learn from Paul?
Part 2: Have the mind of Christ (1:27-2:4)
- Read 1:27-2:11. How should be our manner of life in Christ? (1:27-2:4) How did Jesus show an example? (5-8) How did God exalt him? (9-11) What do you learn from Jesus’ example?
- Read 2:12-30. Why & how must we continue to work out our salvation? (12-16) What is Paul’s attitude toward the salvation of the Philippian Christians? (17,18) Who was Timothy? (19-24) Who was Epaphroditus? (25-30; 4:18)