THE TWO GREATEST COMMANDEMENTS
- Read verses 1-14. What is the kingdom of heaven like (1,2)? How did the people respond to the King’s invitation and how did the king react (4-10)? Why was a guest kicked out from the wedding banquet and what does the “wedding garment” refer to (11-13)? What does Jesus mean in verse 14?
- Read verses 15-22. How did the Pharisees try to trap Jesus (15-17)? What was Jesus’ answer (18-22)? What does his answer mean to us?
- Read verses 23-33. What question did the Sadducees ask Jesus and why (23-28)? What was Jesus’ answer (29-33)? What does Jesus mean in verse 32?
- Read verses 34-40. What question did a Pharisee ask Jesus (34-36)? What was Jesus’ answer (37-40; Dt 6:4-6; Lev 19:18; Ex 20:1-17; Jn 13:34)? How can we love God and love our neighbors (Jn 14:23,24; 1Jn 5:2)?
- Read verses 41-46. What question did Jesus ask the Pharisees (41-46)? Why?