HOW TO INHERIT ETERNAL LIFE?
- Read verses 1-9. Think about the destination of Jesus’ journey and what he was doing (1,2). How did the Pharisees test Jesus (3)? What is Jesus’ teaching about marriage and divorce (4-9; Ge 2:24)? What do you think about this teaching?
- Read verses 10-12. Why did the disciples think it is better not to marry (10)? Who can remain single (11,12, cf. 1Cor 7:9)
- Read verses 13-15. How did the disciples treat the children (13)? How did Jesus treat the children and why (14,15)?
- Read verses 16-22. What did the rich young man ask Jesus (16)? What was Jesus’ answer about inheriting eternal life (17-21)? What was his response (22)?
- Read verses 23-30. What truth did Jesus teach his disciples (23-26)? What did Jesus’ promise to his disciples and to everyone (27-29)? What does verse 30 mean?