GOD’S INHERITANCE DISTRIBUTION
Key Verse: 21:43
Chapter 13: Allot the land to Israel
- Which parts of the land had not been possessed and yet what did God command Joshua to do? (13:1-7) Describe the inheritance east of the Jordan. (8-33)
Chapter 14: Caleb’s Inheritance
- Why did God command the inheritance distribution by lot? (14:1,2) What inheritance was given to the Levites? (3-5; 13:14,33) Which inheritance did Caleb and his descendants receive? (6-15) What do you learn from him?
Chapter 15: Judah’s Inheritance
- Describe the boundary of Judah’s inheritance. (15:1-12) How did Caleb & Othniel conquer the given inheritance? (13-19) How many cities were given to Judah? (20-62) Why couldn’t Judah drive out the Jebusites? (63)
Chapter 16: Ephraim’s Inheritance
- Describe the boundary of Ephraim’s inheritance. (16:1-9) How did they disobey God’s command? (10)
Chapter 17: Manasseh’s Inheritance
- How did God bless Zelophehad’s daughters? (1-6) Describe the boundary of Manasseh’s inheritance. (7-11) How did they disobey God’s command? (12,13) Why did Joseph’s descendants complain & how did Joshua advise them? (14-18) What do you learn from this event?
Chapter 18: Benjamin’s Inheritance
- Why hadn’t the rest 7 tribes received their inheritance yet? (18:1-10) Describe the boundary of Benjamin’s inheritance and its cities. (11-28)
Chapter 19: The Inheritance of the rest tribes
- Describe the boundary and cities of each tribal inheritance. (19:1-48) What was Joshua’s inheritance? (49-51) Why did Simeon share Judah’s inheritance? (9) What happened to Dan’s inheritance? What do you learn from Judah, Simeon & Dan?
Chapter 20: The Refuge Towns
- Why did God command Joshua to appoint the cities of refuge? (20:1-6) What do you learn about God from the refuge cities? Where and which cities were appointed as refuge cities? (7-9)
Chapter 21: The Levites Towns
- What did the Levites request? (21:1-3) Which tribes gave how many towns to the priests (4-19), to the Kohathites (20-26), to the Gershonites (27-33) & to the Merarites (34-40) What does the whole passage tell us about God? (41-45)