LEAVE WHAT REMAINS FOR YOUR NEIGHBOR
(Love Your Neighbor As Yourself)
Key Verse: 24:19
- What are God’s commands regarding refuged slaves (23:15,16), landing policy (19,20), keeping vows to God (21-23), and eating neighbor’s standing crops (24,25)? What do the commands reveal about our God and loving our neighbors?
- What are God’s commands regarding divorce and remarriage (24:1-4), just married couples (5), taking security deposits (6,10-13,17,18), kidnapping (7), leprous diseases (8-9), paying the poor (14,15), imputed punishment (16), and harvesting (19-22)? Why must we care about our poor neighbors? (13b,15b,18,19b,22)
- What are God’s commands regarding dispute and flogging (25:1-3), animal right (4), building up brother’s family line (5-10), rescuing husband (11,12), weights and measures (13-16), and the Amalekites (17-19)? What do the commands reveal about God’s justice?
- What are God’s commands regarding offering the firstfruits and their declaration before God (26:1-11), and the year of tithe and their prayer? (12-15) What does God want us to remember and know through offering the firstfruits and the tithe of the third year?
- How are the commands related to the eighth: “You shall not steal”, the ninth: “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor” and the tenth: “You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor”?