YOU MAY KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD
Key Verse: 10:1,2
- Read chapter 5. What message from the LORD did Moses and Aaron deliver to Pharaoh? (1,3) What was Pharaoh's response? (2,4-18) What is Pharaoh’s problem before God? How did the Israelite foremen and Moses respond to the worse situation? (19-23)
- Read chapter 6. What was God’s plan and promise to the Israelites? (1-8) What was the motive of God’s delivering the Israelites? What were their responses? (9-12, 26-30) Draw the family line of Moses and Aaron (13-25)
- Read 7:1-13. How did God help Moses to do God’s mission? (1-2) Why did God harden Pharaoh’s heart? (3-7) What miracle did Moses & Aaron perform before Pharaoh? (8-12) What was the expected response of Pharaoh? (13)
- Read 7:14-10:29. Skim the first 9 plagues. Which ones could the magicians imitate? (7:11,22; 8:7) And which ones not? (8:18; 9:11) What was their conclusion? (8:19) How did it become clear that the miraculous signs were performed by the God of Israelites? (8:22; 9:4,6,26; 10:23) To whom did God reveal himself through the miraculous signs? (7:5,17; 8:10,22; 9:14-16,20,29,30; 10:1,2) How much do you know your God?
- Find out the repeated sentence, “Let my people go so that they may worship me”? (5:1; 7:16; 8:1; 8:20; 9:1; 9:13; 10:3) What does this tell us about the very purpose of God’s delivering his people? Whom did the Israelites worship in Egypt? (32:4) Whom do you worship?