I AM THE LORD WHO MAKES YOU HOLY
Key Verse: 22:32
I. Laws for priests and high priest (chapter 21)
- Read verses 1-9. What are the laws for the priests concerning taking part in a funeral ceremony (1-4), customs (5,6), and marriage (7-9)? Why must the priests be holy? (4,6,8)
- Read verses 10-15. What are the laws for the high priest concerning customs (10), taking part in a funeral ceremony (11-12) and marriage (13-15)? Why are the laws for the high priest stricter than for the ordinary priests?
Read verses 16-24. Among descendants of Aaron, who are not allowed to exercise priestly office? (16-24) Why not? (23)
II. Laws for sacred offerings (chapter 22)
- Read verses 1-16. How should the priests respect the sacred offerings? (1-16) How can we eat Jesus’ food and how should we treat it? (11, Jn 6:35; 1Cor 11:27-29)
- Read verses 17-33. What kinds of offerings are not acceptable to God? (17-30) How about your offering and worship? Find out the repeated sentence, “I am the LORD, who makes you holy.” (21:8,15,23; 22:9,16,32) How does God make us holy? (31,32; Ex 19:5,6; Jn 17:17)
III. The duties of God’s people (chapter 24)
- Read verses 1-9. What is laymen’s duty? (1-2) And priests’ duties and each meaning? (3-9)
- Read verses 10-16 & 23. What incident happened? (10-11) What was the punishment for blaspheming God’s name? (12-16,23)
- Read verses 17-22. What is the punishment for killing a human being? (17,21b) For killing someone’s animal? (18,21a) For injuring one’s neighbor? (19-20) What is God’s intention in the laws?