DOUBLE PORTION OF ELIJAH’S SPIRIT
2 Kings 1-3
- Who was Ahaziah (1Ki 22:51)? In what aspect was he evil? (1Ki 22:52,53; 2Ki 1:1,2) How did God respond to him out of his jealousy? (3-8; Dt 6:15) In what sense do you make God jealous?
- Why did King Ahaziah send his soldiers three times and why didn’t Elijah kill the third captain and his soldiers? (9-15) How was the word of the Lord fulfilled? (16-18)
- Why did Elisha follow Elijah to the end? (2:1-9) What should we ask God for? (Lk 11:13) What did Elisha see? (10-12) What does his first miracle testify? (13-15)
- Why did the sons of prophets in Jericho seek Elijah? (15-18) How did God heal the bad water? (19-22) Why did two she-bears kill forty-two little children at Bethel? (23-25; Lev 26:22)
- What kind of king was Jehoram? (3:1-3) What did the king of Moab do and how did King Jehoram respond? (4-9a) What problem did they encounter? (9b,10)
- Why did they go to Prophet Elisha? (11-14) What was God’s message given to them? (16-19) How did it come true? (20-27) What does this passage tell us?