YHWH’S JUDGMENT & RESTORATION
- 7:1-9. Describe the three visions which YHWH showed to Amos? (1-3, 4-6, 7-9) How were they fulfilled? (2Ki 15:19, 29; 2Ki 17:3-60)
- Read 7:10-17. How did Amaziah the priest of Bethel respond to the prophecy? (10-13) What was Amos’ reply? (14-15) And YHWH’s message to Amaziah? (16,17)
- Read 8:1-6. What was the fourth vision shown to Amos? (1-3) How had Israel ripen the judgment to the fullness (4-6)?
- Read 8:7-14. What would be the signs before the judgment day? (7-8; 9-10; 11-14) Think about the seriousness of the famine of YHWH’s word and our mission? (12-14; Mt 4:4)
- Read 9:1-15. How will YHWH’s judgment be inevitable? (1-10) Yet, what is hope of YHWH’s people? (11-15) What does this prophecy refer to?
What is YHWH’s message to us through the book of Amos? What do you learn from this passage?