PROPHECIES AGAINST THE NATIONS (V)
(Babylon, Dumah, Arabia, Judah, Tyre, & Sidon)
- Read 21:1-10. What horrible vision did Prophet Isaiah see? (1,2) How did he respond? (3,4) How was his prophecy fulfilled? (5-9) Why did Isaiah share this vision with the Israelites? (10)
- Read 21:11-17. What does the oracle concerning Dumah mean to the Israelites? (11,12) Describe the oracle concerning Arabia (13-17) What does it mean to the Israelites?
- Read 22:1-8a. What vision did Isaiah see regarding Jerusalem? (1-8) How did Isaiah respond? (4) What do you learn from him?
- Read 22:8b-25. Why did God do such horrible thing to the Israelites? (11b-12) Yet, how did the Israelites respond? (8b-11,13) How did Shebna respond? (15,16) How would the Lord punish the Israelites and Shebna? (14,17-25) What do you learn from this passage?
- Read 23: 1-18. How did Tyre and Sidon gain wealth? (1-3) Why were they destroyed? (4-14) Why would the Lord restore Tyre 70 years later? (15-18)