SEND OUT LABORERS INTO THE HARVEST
- Read verses 1-3. What did Jesus do again? (1) What was Jesus’ earnest prayer request? (2) How did Jesus feel about sending out his disciples into the world? (3; cf. Mt 10:16) How often do you go out to harvest?
- Read verses 4-9. Describe the instructions (4-9). In what sense are they essential? Which one do you practice and which one not? Please share your experiences.
- Read verses 10-16. If a town does not receive the disciples, what should they do? (10,11) How serious shall God’s punishment be on the rejecting towns and the unrepentant cities? (12-15) Why? (11b,16)
- Read verses 17-24. Why were the seventy-two so joyful? (17) What did Jesus say to them? (18,19; Ps 91:13) What was Jesus’ advice? (20) Why did Jesus rejoice in the Holy Spirit? (21-24)
- Read verses 25-37. How did a lawyer test Jesus? (25) What was Jesus’ answer? (26-28) Describe the parable of the good Samaritan (29-35). What is Jesus’ message to him? (36,37) What should we do to inherit eternal life? (cf. Mt 25:31-46)
- Read verses 38-42. After welcoming Jesus into their house, what did Martha and Mary do? (38-40a) What was Jesus’ advice to Martha’s complaint? (40b-42) What good portion are you choosing?