THE WORD OF THE LORD
- What do you know about the second half of Isaiah (chapters 40-66)? (39:5-7; 8:16; 29:11; 30:8)
- Read 40:1-8. How does the Lord comfort his people? (1,2) What voices did Isaiah hear? (3-8) What did the voices emphasize on?
- Read 40:9-26; 41:21-29. What good news does the Lord tell his people? (9-11) How great is the Lord? (12-17) Why can’t any idol be compared to the Lord? (18-26; 41:21-29)
- Read 40:27-31. How was the spiritual condition of the Lord’s people in Babylon? (27) How can they be strengthened? (28-31)
- Read 41:1-7. What does the Lord tell the coastlands? (1-4) How will they respond to the conqueror from the east? (5-7)
- Read 41:8-20. Yet, why should God’s people not fear anyone? (8-13) How strong will the Lord make them? (14-16) What amazing things will he do for them? (17-20)