WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?
- Read verses 1-10. What did the religious leaders do in the morning (1,2)? What did Judas do? (3-5) What was his problem (2 Co 7:10)? How was the prophecy fulfilled (6-10; Zec 11:13)?
- Read verses 11-26. Why was Pilate greatly amazed at Jesus (11-14)? What did Pilate attempt to do (15-19)? Why did his plan fail (20-26)? What problems do you find from Pilate, the religious leaders, and the people?
- Read verses 27-44. How did the soldiers mock Jesus (27-31)? Why did Simon carry Jesus’ cross (32)? Why did Jesus refuse the wine mixed with gall (33,34)? How did the soldiers, people passing by, the religious leaders, and the robbers respond to the cross of Jesus (35-44)? Why didn’t Jesus save himself?
- Read verses 45-56. Why did Jesus cry out (45-50)? What happened at the moment of Jesus’ death (51-53)? What was the testimony of the centurion? (54) Who witnessed all these things (55,56)?
- Read verses 57-66. Who was Joseph and what did he do for Jesus (57-61)? Why did the religious leaders request from Pilate to secure the tomb (62-66)? Why was such a thing in vain?
- What is the meaning of Jesus’ death to us and to the world? (Heb 9:12-14, 22b,25,26)