KINGS’ SINS & GOD’S MERCY
2 Kings 12-14
- What were Joash’s weaknesses? (12:1-3; 2Ch 24:17-22) What did he do one thing good? (12:4-16)
- How did God discipline Joash through Hazael? (12:17,18; 2Ch 24:23,24) How did Joash die? (12:19-21) What do you learn from the life of Joash?
- Why and how did God discipline King Jehoahaz? (13:1-3) How did God show his mercy on him, but what was his response? (13:4-9) How about King Jehoash, his son? (13:10-13)
- Why was Elisha angry at King Jehoash? (13:14-19; 24,25) What do you learn from this event? What miraculous thing happen? (20,21) Why was the LORD gracious to the Israelites? (22,23)
- How did the author evaluate Amaziah, king of Judah? (14:1-4) How did he revenge on the murderers of his father? (5,6; Dt 24:16) What was his victory and failure? (14:7-14; 2 Ch. 25:14-24) How did King Amaziah die? (14:17-22)
- How does the LORD evaluate Jeroboam II, king of Israel? (23-24) How did he obey Prophet Jonah? (25,28,29) Why did God continue to save Israel through Jeroboam II? (26-27) What do you learn from God?