THE PARABLE OF THE TENANTS
- Describe “The parable of the Tenants”. (1-8; cf. Isa 5:1-7; Ge 2) What’s the problem of the tenants? What’s the message of Jesus to the religious leaders? (9-11; Ps 118:22,23; Ac 4:10,11; 1Pe 2:4-7) Yet, how did they respond? (12) What do you learn from this parable?
- Who tried to trap Jesus with what question? (13,14) How did Jesus escape? (15-17) What does it mean to the religious leaders & to you, “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s”? (2-8)
- Who challenged Jesus with what question? (18-23) Why were they wrong? (24, Acts 23:8) What was Jesus’ answer about marriage in heaven (25) and about resurrection of the dead? (26,27) What do you learn from this passage?
- Who asked Jesus with what question? (28) What is the most important commandment among all? (29,30; Dt 6:4,5) What is the second one? (31; Lev 19:18) What did he need to do in order to enter the kingdom of God? (32-34) How do you practice the first & the second greatest commandments?
- Whom did Jesus ask with what question and why? (35-37) Why should the disciples beware of the scribes? (38-40) Which warnings are relevant to you?
- What did Jesus see during the offering time? (41,42) What did he teach his disciples? (43,44) How is Jesus’ value system? How is the widow’s offering related to verse 40b?