BEHOLD, YOUR KING IS COMING TO YOU
1. Read verses 1-11. How did Jesus get a donkey (1-3)? And how did Jesus enter Jerusalem in an unusual way (6-11)? What did Jesus declare about himself (4,5; Zec 9:9-10)?
2. Read verses 12-16. What did Jesus do in the temple (12,13)? How did Jesus define the temple? How did the religious leaders and the children respond to Jesus (14,15)? What does the prophecy mean (16)?
3. Read verses 17-22. Why did Jesus curse a fig tree (17-19)? What is Jesus’ message? What did he teach his disciples (20-22; cf. Mt 17:20-21)?
4. Read verses 23-27. How did the religious leaders challenge Jesus (23)? What counter question did Jesus ask (24,25a)? What does their answer show about them (25b-27)?
5. Read verses 28-32. What parable did Jesus give to the religious leaders (28-30)? What was Jesus’ message to them (31,32)?
6. Read verses 33-46. What another parable did Jesus give to the religious leaders (33-39)? What was Jesus’ message to them (40-44)? How did they respond (45,46)?