“TRULY YOU ARE THE SON OF GOD”
1. Read verses 1-12. How was John the Baptist martyred? What do you learn from him?
2. Read verses 13-16. How did Jesus respond to the news about John the Baptist (13)? How did Jesus show his compassion on the crowd (14-16)?
3. Read verses 17-21. How did Jesus feed them (17-21)? What does this tell us about Jesus?
4. Read verses 22-27. What did Jesus do after feeding the crowd (22,23)? How did the disciples respond to walking Jesus on the water (24-26)? What did Jesus speak to them (27)?
5. Read verses 28-33. How could Peter walk on the water (28,29)? But why did he begin to sink (30,31)? Who did they see in Jesus (32,33)?
6. Read verses 34-36. How did the people of Gennesaret respond to Jesus (34-36)? Why? (Mk 5:20)