Bible Study Questions (1)
YOU WILL RECEIVE POWER TO BE MY WITNESSES
Key Verse 1:8
1. What did the author Luke write about in his former book (1-2)? What did the Risen Jesus do before his ascension (3)? Why is a conviction of Jesus’ resurrection and a hope for the kingdom of God important to us?
2. What did Jesus command his apostles, and why (4a; Lk 24:47)? What promise did Jesus remind them of (4b-5)? To fulfill God’s will, why did the apostles need to be baptized by the Holy Spirit (Jn 15:26-27, Eph 6:12-13)?
3. How did the apostles reveal their own hope and expectations (6)? What did Jesus’ answer mean for them (7)? For us? Read verse 8. What was God’s plan and vision, and how would it be carried out (Lk 24:46-48)? What is the power we receive from the Holy Spirit? Why, what and how should we testify about Jesus?
4. What is the meaning of Jesus’ ascension (9; Ac 2:33)? How would Jesus return (10-11)? Why is the hope of his return important?
5. What did the apostles do after Jesus’ ascension (12-14)? Who were involved in united prayer with them? What can we learn from them in preparing to receive the power of the Holy Spirit?